Bamboo Japanese Shoji Door Kit
Our Bamboo Japanese Shoji Door Kit is 7 feet tall, similar to standard door openings. It will look and feel like it was originally built into your home. We recommend an experienced handyman or contractor for accurate installation. The fit and finish are excellent. The jambs and tracks are built from standard 2×4 lumber, so sizing is easy to work with. We recommend adding a little beeswax on the tracks to help the doors move smoothly as there are no bottom rollers; the doors slide directly on the wooden channels.
- Asian style mortise and tenon joinery
- Hard fiber rice paper for privacy and strength
- Lattice design on one side only
- Rough opening (outside dimension) approximately 83.00″H x 73.50″W x 3.50″D
- Tracks and jambs are approximately 1.75″ Thick x 3.50″Deep
- Doors measures approx. 36.00″W x 80.00″H x 1.00″D